Year 1P

Year 1P

Saturday 21 July 2018

Sight word Review

It's that time of the term again where Mrs. Hughes and I will begin testing the children's sight words. If you feel that your child may be ready for their test, please let us know and we will do our best to get them tested within the week.

There are a few children that have moved through their sight word lists quite quickly which is very pleasing, however I have noticed that they are not always applying them into their writing eg. thay for they, wos for was, sum for some etc.

I will be re-testing those children on their first 100 to see what they have retained. I will send home a list of the appropriate words so if you would like to practise them, you can.

Below are the first 200 sight words (Please note that they children need to reach the end of the first 100 by the end of Year One).




If you have any questions or queries, please let me know.

Thank you for your continued support

Miss Prowse