Year 1P

Year 1P

Monday 9 November 2015

Raz Kids and Wednesday Running Record Day

Good evening parents,

I have recently logged onto Raz kids and updated all of the children's reading levels in relation to their last Running Record I completed with them. I would really appreciate if you were able to log in with your child and allow them to read some of the books. This will prepare them for the Running Record day I will be having out of class which will allow me to test the children and give an accurate reading level for both reports and for handing over to the Year Two teacher.

The children can either read the books or can have the books read to them but I would ask you to encourage the children to read the children (which will help with their fluency) and complete the quiz on Raz kids to check for comprehension.

On Wednesday 11th of November, I will be at school but not in the classroom. This day was set aside for myself to gather data on the children's reading abilities which will be included in the children's report. Ms. Simone Clues will be in class to replace me however, I will still be around the school if needed.

If you are not going to be here on this day, please let me know via email so I can make other arrangements to test your child.

Thank you for your ongoing support. I can't believe I only have another 5 weeks with your beautiful children!

Miss Prowse