Year 1P

Year 1P

Wednesday 1 November 2017

A Post from Mrs. Harte

Dear Parents,

I have now been part of 1P for 2 and a half weeks now and we have been having so much fun.  I have enjoyed working with every student in the class and they all have been so well behaved and accepted me with open arms.  

We have been doing some amazing learning over the past couple of weeks in 1P.  In Maths we have been learning all about Data collecting and displaying the data in different graphs, along with some pretty tasty data collection about Jelly beans.  In Science we have been learning all about Chemical science and how heat can change materials such as spaghetti.  We had a lot of fun making some pretty crazy spaghetti drawings with cooked spaghetti, which the children came up with some awesome ideas.  (Personally I think my idea of Mr Wilkie's office filled with spaghetti was pretty cool!!!)  We also got to make some spaghetti towers using uncooked spaghetti and marshmallows.  I believe the winning group made a tower that stood 49cm tall!!!



I can't wait to see what the next 2 and a half weeks has installed and the great learning and fun we are going to have.  Thank you for a great first couple of weeks.

Mrs Tanya Harte