Year 1P

Year 1P

Saturday 13 October 2018

A message from Claire Gilpin our Practicum student for Term four




Hello,

My name is Claire Gilpin and I have the privilege of completing my final Teaching Practicum at Our Lady of the Cape and getting to know you and your children.


Whilst I have met some of you in class last term, I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I am currently studying a Graduate Diploma of Education at Edith Cowan University and starting tomorrow (Monday 15/10), I will be in 1P full time for 6 weeks.


Having completed a Bachelor of Business, Majoring in Marketing and Management, and enjoyed a career in Human Resources for 10 years, I made the decision to pursue a more fulfilling career in teaching and moved to Dunsborough in March to be closer to family. I can’t wait for the warmer weather to arrive, so I can continue exploring more of this amazing area!



Over the next 6 weeks I will be involved in preparing and delivering lessons, as well as the associated assessment and evaluation processes under the guidance of Miss Prowse. I have a love of learning and am passionate about creating a classroom environment where all students try their best, respect each other, learn from their mistakes, celebrate everyone’s successes and where we all work as a team.


I’m so excited to meet you all! You are always welcome to come and chat to me to find out what I have planned for my time in Year 1.



Miss Claire Gilpin